How can we help you?
Customer and employee safety (Covid-19)
At New Look, the health and safety of our customers and employees are our utmost priority. Our stores are now safer than ever, with new safety measures and digital technology allowing for precise measurements to be taken from a distance.
To learn more about the actions taken during the COVID-19 crisis, visit: https://www.newlook.ca/en/covid-19-safety
We fabricate your lenses in our own laboratory located in Montréal, Canada. We control every step of the manufacturing and the disinfection of your glasses. Everything is done locally, there is no international inbound shipping necessary.
To book an appointment, ask questions, seek assistance for an ocular emergency or place an order by phone, don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-463-LOOK or to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your ocular health is important: even in times of closure, we will keep offering essential emergency services.
New Look has implemented a series of strict safety and hygiene measures to ensure that our customers and employees benefit from a safe environment:
- New Look only admits in-store customers with a specific appointment related to an eyewear order, contact lenses renewal, an adjustment or frame repair and for urgent eye exam only.
- When it is possible to assist the customer without coming to the store, for example for a contact lenses renewal with a valid prescription, it is done remotely by prioritizing transactions by phone or through our website;
- Prior to coming to a store, customers are asked important questions in order to assess whether they have signs of COVID-19;
- Hand disinfection is mandatory to enter the store;
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for all clients. We ask that clients bring their own protective mask;
- The number of people in the store is limited and strictly regulated;
- A pre-adjustment can be made when glasses are ordered, for simple prescriptions, in order to encourage home delivery and to limit visits in stores;
- All devices and equipment are disinfected before and after each use;
- A thorough cleaning of stores is done systematically every day;
- Our employees assist customers within a distance of two metres. Since this is not always possible, they wear protective eyewear at all times.
- Gaby, the innovative technology of digital measurement with iPad, helps us to better respect distancing guidelines. With 3 simple photos taken without contact, we take 10 precise measurements with a single tool, compared to 6 different tools with traditional equipment;
- Frames are disinfected before and after each use. Customers are not allowed to handle the frames alone and can only try on a limited number of them;
- The necessary supplies for the client's comfort, such as tissues and antiseptic wipes, are available during their appointment;
- Employees and optometrists are aware of the risks and recommendations related to COVID-19. They adapt their activities to limit their risks, both in the workplace and at home.
- The preferred payment method is by card in order to avoid handling cash.
Frequently asked questions
Choosing a frame may seem easy at first but it is more than a matter of look.
The shape and size of your face, the tilt and curve of the frame, as well as your prescription are all points to consider when making your choice. A badly adapted frame may cause certain problems such as wrong lens adjustment, pinching of the nose and ears as well as reduced clear vision.
And, of course, the frame has to fit your lifestyle and personal tastes in order to reflect your personality and give you confidence when you wear it.
Don’t hesitate to seek advice from our consultants. They will consider your facial appearance, your tastes, and your budget. We are here to help you find THE best frame that you can wear with pride!
The right adjustment will make all the difference for comfort and vision clarity. Badly adjusted glasses may affect your prescription positioning, reduce vision clarity, cause visual fatigue and lead you to adopt an uncomfortable position during certain activities. You may be tempted to wear them less often. In the long run, this type of problem may have an impact on your overall ocular health.
Measurements are an essential step. They enable us to adjust your prescription to your facial appearance and the way you move. Adjusting your glasses is also very important to make sure they are comfortable and do not hurt either your nose or your ears.
In Québec and Ontario, the law requires eyeglasses measurements to be taken by licensed opticians. Through their training and expertise, they are qualified to advise you on the choice of lenses. They also adjust your glasses so they are comfortable and provide clear vision.
The New Look network has over 200 professional licensed opticians available to meet your needs and expectations.
Contact lenses are quite practical and today almost everyone can wear them, even presbyopes. However, badly adjusted contact lenses or a misuse of contact lenses may have serious consequences.
Since contact lenses rest directly on your cornea, their choice, adjustment, and maintenance are critical to your comfort and your ocular health.
Our licensed opticians are there to advise you on the product best suited to your needs. In addition, our opticians will explain how to maintain your contact lenses in order to be able to fully enjoy the freedom they provide while protecting your eyes.
- Licensed opticians and optometrists specially trained to advise you;
- Full optometry services for your ocular health;
- The biggest brand names;
- Easy solutions for contact lens renewal in store or via our mobile app;
- Competitive prices for six-month or one-year supplies of contact lenses compared to the industry and online suppliers.
By seeing your optometrist regularly, you will protect your vision quality and greatly increase your chances of having healthy eyes throughout your life. Eyes are subject to ocular diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma and only a complete eye exam can detect them.
It is recommended to see an optometrist every two years. However, according to your case, your optometrist may recommend to see you more often.
Warning! You should see an optometrist quickly if:
- You suffer from continuous eye pain;
- You have blurry vision or see light flashes;
- You are sensitive to light;
- You experience any other unusual symptoms.
An eye exam usually takes 15 to 20 minutes. You first meet with the assistant for pretests made with high-tech equipment. These tests enable the optometrist to evaluate your overall eye health, including your retina, and detect signs of ocular disease.
The tests results are given to the optometrist who will then tell you if there is a problem and advise you on solutions according to your results.
Then, the optometrist will evaluate your vision using various manual and mechanical tests and may prescribe corrective lenses.
All New Look Eyewear stores offer complete optometry services. You can also see one of our partner optometrists for an emergency.
Licensed opticians evaluate your oculovisual needs. They are experts regarding eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Optician replace and adjust your lenses and sell eyeglasses and contact lenses according to the prescriptions provided by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
There are opticians in all our New Look Eyewear stores.
Optometrists give you eye exams and screen for oculovisual problems and diseases.
Optometrists can prescribe medication to treat certain ocular diseases. If needed, they can treat various problems or refer you to other skilled professionals.
Partner optometrists offer their optometry services in all our New Look Eyewear stores.
Ophthalmologists are doctors of medicine specialized in the ophthalmology field.
Their role is to diagnose and treat ocular diseases by prescribing the appropriate medication or doing the necessary surgeries.
Ophthalmologists have practices in hospital or specialized clinics. Their services are not offered in the New Look Eyewear stores but one of our optometrists can refer you to an ophthalmologist.
The blue light spectrum includes high energy wave lengths. It can enhance good humour and awareness.
However, we must beware of blue light’s blue-violet section, i.e. the shortest wave length, as long exposure to this light presents risk to our eyes.
Blue light can be found in various sources including:
- DEL and fluorescent lights;
- Television screens;
- Computers and smart devices;
- Natural sunlight (UV rays).
Since blue light is not visible, most people are not aware of its potential danger. However, the negative effects are quite real:
- Visual fatigue;
- Sleep disorders and impact on your sleeping patterns and your circadian rhythm.
With the increasing use of smart devices, television screens, DEL light bulbs and others, there is a marked increase of blue light related problems throughout the population.
It is possible to reduce the effects of blue light on our eyes:
- By reducing time spent in front of digital screens;
- By choosing lenses that filter harmful blue light, such as Bluselect and Blutech;
- By protecting your eyes against UV rays through the use of good quality sunglasses.
These simple gestures can help you considerably reduce the negative effects of blue light and prolong your ocular health.
Advice on your ocular health
Some nutrients are highly effective in preventing vision problems related to age as well as certain eye diseases. To that effect, favour a healthy, balanced, and varied diet. As they say, better safe than sorry!
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin A and C
- Green vegetables
- Fatty fish
- Oranges and other citrus fruits
It is a well-known fact that sun rays are harmful to your skin. The same applies to your eyes. Did you know? Prolonged exposure to UV rays may increase the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. Wearing quality sunglasses is just as important as high SPF sunscreen.
Choose sunglasses that will:
- Block 100% of UVA and UVB rays
- Cover the sides of your face as well
Wearing safety glasses seems a given? Unfortunately, we too often hear: “It’ll only take a minute to cut that piece of wood. I don’t need safety glasses.” Accidents are so unpredictable... "50% of eye injuries occur at home". Only a few seconds are needed to damage or even lose your eyesight.
Wear safety glasses when:
- Practicing sports
- Doing carpentry
- Handling toxic products
- Using powerful sprays
Your satisfaction is our priority. Our quality standards are very high. And warranties are included.
90 days: SATISFACTION
Your glasses are an important part of your life. You have to be comfortable and 100% satisfied. Knowing that adapting to a new pair can take time, we accept returns for up to 90 days.
Change for an equivalent product or only pay for the difference if your replacement is more expensive. If we cannot ensure your complete satisfaction, we will accept a return of your glasses, in perfect condition, within 90 days of receipt and we will give you a full refund.
1 year: FRAME
1 year manufacturer defects on FRAMES*: Your frame has a manufacturer defect? We will repair it at no charge or replace it if a repair is not possible.
2 years: TREATMENTS
2 years manufacturer defects on scratch-resistant and anti-reflective TREATMENTS*: Your treatments have a manufacturer defect? We will change your lenses free of charge.
*Accidental breakage, wear & tear, and misuse are not covered by warranties.