In our laboratory as well as in our stores, our customers’ needs are central to our work. For more than 30 years, we’ve consistently innovated our technology to perfect our product portfolio. Our laboratory, one of the largest in Canada, is equipped with cutting-edge technology and allows us to offer a variety of superior quality lenses.
Made in Canada since 1986
Opening of our first laboratory in Quebec City.
Expansion required, we relocated to Montreal.
Major renovations and automation of our production line. We are the first in North America to install a digital surfacing line for customized lenses.
Constant innovation, thanks to our exceptionally talented employees.
Quality is our signature
The quality of our products is our greatest pride. Our experts' skills, the development of our own manufacturing standards and our use of innovative technologies enable us to create lenses that offer the best visual performance on the market. How we do things sets us apart:
We carefully select our employees according to the specific skills required for each position. Many of our employees have worked for world-renowned laboratories. Each of our 140 employees has a keen sense of observation and manual dexterity and pays considerable attention to detail.
Since our distribution centre and laboratory are centralized in one location, our employees know our models inside out and they validate the quality of each frame in order to make custom-made lenses for every frame.
Our large production volume allows us to create unique manufacturing processes.
The final assembly of your glasses is performed manually by our specialists and allows us to achieve complex assemblies: three-piece frames, sports frames, strong prescriptions and more. Therefore, you don't have to compromise on the style you want.
The exceptional quality of our lenses is also due to our Lean Manufacturing certification. This results in optimized operations and the ability to prevent errors. Quality control is carried out seven times during the manufacturing process. We follow the highest optical and cosmetic standards in the industry worldwide.
At New Look, our expertise is centralized in our laboratory. This allows us to always have cutting-edge technology, to further develop our knowledge and to establish our own manufacturing standards tailored to our community.
- 4racer: Our 4racer lens edging machine gives us 0.001 millimetre for diopter accuracy, the ability to create special shapes and a production output of 4 lenses per minute.
- Laser 2000: Our Laser 2000 laser engraving machines ensure extremely precise positioning of the lens in the frame, while being invisible to the wearer. This technology provides superior optical quality without altering the clarity of the lenses.
- 1200-dlx: Our 1200-dlx vacuum deposition chamber for high quality anti-reflective coatings is very complex to use. The thickness of its walls is as dense as a vault.
For a greener tomorrow
We continuously challenge ourselves to do more to protect our planet. We are working closely with our partners to analyze our working methods and to find additional ways to further reduce our ecological footprint.
Several actions have already been implemented:
- Reduce the use of resources in the manufacturing of our lenses.
- Treat all materials being used to meet environmental standards.
- Recycle more than 1,920 cubic feet per month of material, such as shipping boxes.
- Relocate our laboratory from Quebec City to Montreal to be closer to retailers and thus reduce our carbon footprint.
- When possible, select suppliers who offer certified eco-responsible products.
For everyone's safety
- Our quality control includes increased hygiene measures not only for the safety of our employees, but also for the safety of our customers.
- All stages, from manufacturing to distribution and equipment maintenance, are carried out by our team.
- Our laboratory and distribution centre, both under one roof in Montreal, Canada, ensure the complete disinfection of eyeglasses until they are delivered to your home or in stores.
- The use of protective equipment is mandatory for all our experts.